Buckeye Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jaywood1207

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaywood1207

First pen off the new lathe. Buckeye sierra in TN. Working on improving photos so let me know what you think about the pen or the picture.

2007114719_Buckeye%20Sierra.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bnoles

Jay,

I have serious doubts that the pen or the photo could be improved upon as they are both excellent.

Great Job! I really like that wood and what you did with it.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
The pen is beautifully crafted but I have a question about the photo. Now understand that I'm color-blind, but is that the actual color of the buckeye burl? I've not seen it in (what appears to be) orange. If it's not orange, you may be able to improve your photographs with different temperature bulbs. If it really is orange, ignore what I just said. [:D]

jaywood1207

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />The pen is beautifully crafted but I have a question about the photo. Now understand that I'm color-blind, but is that the actual color of the buckeye burl? I've not seen it in (what appears to be) orange. If it's not orange, you may be able to improve your photographs with different temperature bulbs. If it really is orange, ignore what I just said. [:D]

No it's not supposed to be that orange. [B)] That's a problem I've been having with photos. I just picked up a couple GE Reveal 100W for 1 on each side but still need to figure out how to get the true colours to show. It is buckeye burl from Ron Mc and it is actually more tan / brown than the photo shows but not a lot of black and grey like you normally see.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

BigRob777

I was wondering the same thing Lou was. I have some buckeye wood, that has bluish spalt on one side, and brown lines on the other. I wondered if that was the nature of the wood, as I've not worked with it, other than cutting it up for pen blanks.
Nice pen anyway. My pics turn out yellow, if I use incandescent lighting, or any lighting that I have, other than flash.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom