Buckeye On Mesa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kludge77

kludge77

Buckeye Burl on Elegant Sierra with Mesa theme.

That stuff is a PAIN to turn. Very soft and unstable. I lost 3 blanks (even with my skew honed on the WS to 4000 grit) Finally nailed the fourth one, racked it up to sheer dumb luck and called it good! :biggrin: 12 or so coats of CA

Buckeye01.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Lar

Nice job on the buckeye. Spalted woods need a lot of ca to stabilize them as you turn. Turn a little, ca a little. I really like to work with punky spalted woods as they make some beautiful pens as you found out.

SCR0LL3R

Looks great! It has a bit of curly on it too which is nice.

If you can buy some that's already been stabilized, it might be worth the few extra $. I have only ever used stabilized buckeye.

jfoh

You just need a little cactus juice. I juiced one and it ended up in the wash. Came out none the worse for the wear. Now I do not recommend the mistake I made but it did show me that the juice does works well.

jbswearingen

You just need a little cactus juice. I juiced one and it ended up in the wash. Came out none the worse for the wear. Now I do not recommend the mistake I made but it did show me that the juice does works well.

You need a pressure or vacuum pot for this, right?

ghostrider

You need a pressure or vacuum pot for this, right?
Vacume.

Nice pen. Like the way your photag skills show the most of your pens.

Top Bottom