Buckeye Burl Spring Blossom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from renowb

renowb

This is a BEB blank from Chris (Justturnin) on a Spring Blossom. I let ca soak in the burl somewhat before turning. Basically, the same routine, turn, sand, ca, mm and polish. The spring blossom is a nice pen going together. The cap end is like the Majestic, has a long spacer that is pressed in. It goes in smooth, unlike some of the Majestics I've done, they were tighter than Heck. Comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1453.JPG
    IMG_1453.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1455.JPG
    IMG_1455.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1456.JPG
    IMG_1456.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Bill how does the plating look, I'm still curious after a few saying that it's rough or uneven I love the looks of the kit, and in BEB it is sharp, just wonder about the quality of the plating,. I don't want to order 200.00 worth and find that the aren't as good as the Roman Harvest, which seems to be a great pen for the money, but so is this if the plating is goo, an Emperor is around 70,00 and they look so close.and so much less expensive.
I'm glad to hear they do go together easier than some of the Majestic, I just chalk that up to PSI quality control.

renowb

In my very honest opinion, I like the Roman Harvest better. The Roman Harvest has a more 'heavy" feel to it. The Spring Blossom , to me, is a lighter weight and , like you mentioned, the plating is a tad less likeable to me compared to the Roman Harvest. With that said, I would still buy them and sell them, but for less.

Bill how does the plating look, I'm still curious after a few saying that it's rough or uneven I love the looks of the kit, and in BEB it is sharp, just wonder about the quality of the plating,. I don't want to order 200.00 worth and find that the aren't as good as the Roman Harvest, which seems to be a great pen for the money, but so is this if the plating is goo, an Emperor is around 70,00 and they look so close.and so much less expensive.
I'm glad to hear they do go together easier than some of the Majestic, I just chalk that up to PSI quality control.

Justturnin

In my very honest opinion, I like the Roman Harvest better. The Roman Harvest has a more 'heavy" feel to it. The Spring Blossom , to me, is a lighter weight and , like you mentioned, the plating is a tad less likeable to me compared to the Roman Harvest. With that said, I would still buy them and sell them, but for less.

Could the Wood play a role in that? BEB is a light wood. I wonder if it would be the same if a more solid wood or acrylic was used.

Edit:
And the pen looks great. You chose some nice BEB. Feels good to see it again.....I was missing her:crying:

renowb

HaHa! Yes Chris, she said she missed you! :biggrin: Yes, BEB is light, but basically, when the parts are in hand, to me, it just feels lighter, but it is a nice pen. I know on the cap end , there is very little meat left when the bushings are removed, so yes, I would say the design does make it a different animal compared to others.

Could the Wood play a role in that? BEB is a light wood. I wonder if it would be the same if a more solid wood or acrylic was used.

Edit:
And the pen looks great. You chose some nice BEB. Feels good to see it again.....I was missing her:crying:

bitshird

It's kind of a bummer, the Spring Blossom looks so close to an Emperor, but I guess well stick to the Roman Harvest, it is a decent pen for the money, too bad, it would have been nice to get a 150 to 200 dollar pen on the cheap. I'll find out this week end, LAST SHOEE OF THE YEAR Whoopee!!!!!

Top Bottom