Buckeye Burl series

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yorkie

yorkie

Finally finished the series of 11 pens for Subaru. First one is acrylic, the rest are all Buckeye Burl, stablized and dyed blue, I further dyed them blue on the lathe to get closer to the Subaru blue colour. They are all finished in string instrument grade lacquer. I would have used a CA finish but ran out of time and, for these, I liked the lacquer finish.

Pen kits are great to work with-from CSUSA, Buckeye was from PSI and really good quality for the most part, but don't get me started on their shipping system, what a mess that is! Arrived late, even when I paid more for shipping and was guaranteed, I swear I'm sick of complaining to them about their shipping and still it's the worst I've ever seen. I like their products though, good quality stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_5975.jpg
    IMG_5975.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_5978.jpg
    IMG_5978.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_5980.jpg
    IMG_5980.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_5985.jpg
    IMG_5985.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 358
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

whegge

Beautiful!

Agree with you on PSI shipping. I usually find something on their web site and then go check the others to see if I can find it there, if so get it from the second place.

workinforwood

Beautiful batch of pens! First care I ever owned was a Subaru, and even the color was similar to your pens. I drive a Chevy right now but I would recommend a Subaru to anyone that can afford one.

mach9

Man those are beautiful! May I ask A-what you dyed the wood with, and B-how you got the Subaru logo on them? Thanks! Nice work!

Top Bottom