Buckeye Burl RB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I was looking for a lower priced RB for some of my customers so I thought I'd try this one. I also had a few scrap pieces of stabilized Buckeye burl that weren't really big enough for anything on their own so I threw a piece of biege pick guard in. Sorry about the focus, it seems my new camera liked my pen rest better than the pen. [B)] I'll get it right next time.

200592624232_10KRB_buckeye.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look and all comments/criticisms welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Hi Big Guy,
Of course you know better than to expect anything intelligent from me, concerning critique, so I'll just say I love the simple, yet eye catching way you divided this pen up. I'm not bonkers about the narrow tip of the kit, but the rest is a pen I would expect would sell pretty well. I've got to make my way up to burls. This week, I hope. The turning is gorgeous. Did you stabilize it yourself?

Rob

alamocdc

Thanks, Rob, no I didn't stabilize these. I got the "scraps" out of a grab bag of stabilized shorts from Woodturningz. The narrow tip is actually a tad larger than that of the Baron. However, it is plastic, and I'm not real bonkers about the kit in general. [:p] It is nearly identical to the CSUSA Standard FP and while I've made a few of them, I'm not crazy about them either, but I've sold half so someone likes them.

BigRob777

Well, your talent might have had something to do with it.[:D]
I haven't seen a pen from you yet that I didn't like. I always get the bug, when it is too late to go out into my shop and try something I've seen and liked.

PenWorks

Looks good Billy, the accent is simple, yet attractive. I just don't like snap cap pens.
Good job with the scraps, Now quit being so cheap and buy some pen blanks from BigRobb[:D]

BigRob777

[:D][:D][:D]

BTW: Billy, When I said the narrow tip, I meant the <b>black shaft</b>, behind the nib, whatever that is called. And Anthony, actually you both have, but I don't have any buckeye burl, just buckeye wood.[:(]

Great use of the scrpas & clever idea to use pickguard to separate the sections. I am not particularly fond of the plastic sleeve before the nib.

vick

Looks like a really good piece of buckeye, nice job. Not sure about the pickguard but I am a pretty plain guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom