Buckeye Burl Gentleman's Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from arjudy

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjudy

What kind of wood would a guy from Ohio make a pen from? Well Buckeye Burl of course! First attempt at making this style of pen using curved barrels instead of straigt tapers. I kind of like it. What do you all think of it?

20057613135_buckeyeburlgentIAP.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Leather Man

I think it is a nice looking pen Alan. I prefer a little straighter barrels though. I am glad everyone doesn't like them the same as I do or they would all look the same.[:eek:)] What finish did you use?
Ben

arjudy

Originally posted by Leather Man
<br />I think it is a nice looking pen Alan. I prefer a little straighter barrels though. I am glad everyone doesn't like them the same as I do or they would all look the same.[:eek:)] What finish did you use?
Ben
I sanded with MM to 12000 then used EEE then applied Mylands sanding sealer and Mylands friction polish and topped it off with Ren wax.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Ok, Alan, you asked for it. Starting out, it's a beautiful piece of buckeye burl with a very nice finish. I like the bowed barrels and I think you did a fine job matching the shape of both barrels and the overall look. My only negative comment is that there appears to be fingerprints on the clip. [:D] Very beautiful pen. It would fit in well with my collection![8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom