Buckeye Burl Atrax Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bigj51

Bigj51

Here is an Atrax Fountain Pen made with stabilized buckeye burl. I have been experimenting with CA finishing and think it worked out really well on this one. I have not upgraded the nib on the pen yet. I very rarely have requests for fountain pens, but just felt the need to make one. When this pen goes in the display case at my store it will brobably have a Bock nib on it.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

StabilizedBuckeyeBurlAtraxFountainPen.jpg

StabilizedBuckeyeBurlAtraxFountainPen3.jpg

StabilizedBuckeyeBurlAtraxFountainPen2.jpg

StabilizedBuckeyeBurlAtraxFountainPen4.jpg

StabilizedBuckeyeBurlAtraxFountainPen5.jpg

StabilizedBuckeyeBurlAtraxFountainPen6.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Very nice buckeye. I know it's just me, but I'm just not a fan of the Atrax. I like kits that allow for custom finials. Especially with really nice burls like this one. I think you nailed the CA finish. Buckeye has a lot of inclusions, and you did a really nice job.

Last edited:
Nice job on that buckeye burl. I like the looks of the Atrax on it because it is such a simple to look at hardware set. I allows you to show off the wood without drawing your attention to bling!

Bigj51

Nice job on that buckeye burl. I like the looks of the Atrax on it because it is such a simple to look at hardware set. I allows you to show off the wood without drawing your attention to bling!

Thanks! That's what I like about this kit as well. Nice clean lines, no postable finial. As you stated it I want the first thing that grabs the customer attention to be the burl. And if they don't like the kit, then I'll be happy to add this one to my personal collection! :)

plantman

:RockOn: Jeff; Beautyful burl, excellent finish, great looking kit !! I like the nib that came with the kit, the gold and silver match the colors of the pen. Jim S

Last edited:

paintspill

nice. the atrax is probably my favorite kit. i just started doing them recently and love the weight of them. i would hold off on changing the nib. but you clients will decide that. i have a kit on hand and some elm burl. i think i know what i'm doing this weekend

Top Bottom