Buckeye Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from propencity

propencity

Perhaps my favorite wood to turn for pens. You just never know where those eyes will pop out until the finish is applied. Thanks for viewing and comments are always appreciated. Merry Christmas everyone.

Attachments

• DSC_0328_2_IAP.jpg
    DSC_0328_2_IAP.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC_0329_2_IAP.jpg
    DSC_0329_2_IAP.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC_0331_2_S_IAP.jpg
    DSC_0331_2_S_IAP.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 287
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phil

Wow that is nice. wood matches the kit very nicely! (listen to me talking like im a pen connoisseur :tongue:) I just plain like it! never turned buckeye before, but ive got one in the mail heading toward me! cant wait to work it after seeing this!

Phil

propencity

Hey Phil. Thanks for the compliments. The wood is very light and very porous. I took extra time to periodically apply thin CA to stabilize areas of wood that I thought were suspect, especially as you get closer to the finished thickness.

propencity

Thanks Butch. Yeah, in its unfinished form, the wood does not look all that impressive. But boy, after applying the CA finish, those eyes just pop out.

ToddMR

Great pen! I love Buckeye burl too. You did a nice job on this one. Nice and straight too. I always like when it has the nice dark or black sections in the piece too. Good fit & finish!

Top Bottom