Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Comments and critiques are welcome.

20057351223_BuckeyeBurl.jpg

New picture:

20057505946_BuckeyeBurl4.jpg

I had hope that this one would stay more blue when it came back from being stabilized at River Ridge. Again, I'll work on pictures tomorrow. This new-fangled camera has just too many settings! [8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Pen manship excellent as usual.
What I appreciate is the photography as opposed to scanning.Lighting is always a problem and as you tweak it will only get better.
I like the display stand. A tripod taking the picture from above might show colors better.

M

Mudder

Critique:

Lou,

My first impression was that the pen didn't do much for me but after I've had a shower and knocked the cobwebs loose I think it's the type of pen that grows on you. It's got a kind of camo look to it that is really nice.

Rifleman1776

Me, ever being the critic, do not like the photography. The light background overwhelms the subject. Probably a very nice pen but it is in the dark and doesn't show well. Reduce contrast by keeping the background aproximately the same shade as the subject.

melogic

Nice looking pen Lou. I really like the style and type of wood. I like the photo but I think the lighting could be tweeked a little. I struggle with this as well.

Dario

I guess it is not for everyone but I love buckeye burl. It is also worthwhile to note that the wood finish so wonderfully that is almost impossible to show in any picture.

I love the swirl and pattern on this one. Great job on the pen!

On the picture, lighting is a bit over on the bottom-back I think. If you can experiment, try to diffuse that area a bit more and compare.

BigRob777

DC,
My only critique is that you don't come to my shop and teach me how to do something this beautiful. Nice work. This looks like a pen for a Marine, with the perfect colors and a camoflage-like mixture of them (former Marine here).

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks for the additional kind words. Frank, I never mind criticism. It gives me something to work on. This Canon Digital Rebel has more settings than I have functioning brain cells, but I'm working on getting the settings right. A change in background may also be called for! Rob--Jersey's not that far from DC, but it may cost you a night in the Big Apple! [:D] Fred--It's my standard. MM to 12000, a thinned coat of shellac as prep, 4 coats of lacquer and TSW. If you want details, drop me a note!

JimGo

The new pic looks a lot better, and for some reason it isn't quite as bright as the others with the silver kits. This pic really shows off the colors in the pen. Nice job!

alamocdc

Very nice, Lou. [8D] I picked up some from Dario a few weeks ago and can't wait to try it. Of course I have to stabilize it first so I must be patient. [B)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom