Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

My first antler pen, on a comfort grip

Kyle

20041296381_Antler1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Good looking pen. My wife has had several friends that have been fortunate during deer season this year and she asked me what it took to make a pen from the antler. I told her that all I needed was permission to stink up the house (shop is in basement) and something bigger than a prong buck.

No takers yet but I may get to try turning antlers after seeing all the fine examples here.

dougle40

Every time I see a pen made from antler , I can't wait to try one out , got the antler now all I need are the pen works but money is pretty tight right now so I'll have to wait .

wayneis

Tip, if you have any windows in your shop you could set up a fan and draw a lot of the smell out side. Actually if you have a good size shop vac ithelp a lot if it has an exhust on it and you have an extra piece of long enough hose to run outside.

Wayne

Kyle

I use a shopvac and good respirator and smell nothing when I'm turning antler. Sawing and drilling, on the other hand, I do when I'm leaving the shop for the rest of the day!

Kyle

Bob A

Kyle, that's a very nice pen. Another cool idea with the antler (thanks to Bev P. here) is rifle clips. I haven't ordered any yet, but plan to do so in the future.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom