Bubinga, Maple Burl and Jatoba modified snap-cap.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

Bubinga, Maple Burl and Jatoba modified snap-cap.

2006324191125_BubingaAndMapleClosed.jpg

2006324191140_BubingaAndMapleOpen.jpg

As always comment and critiques are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Mike, you're REALLY turning out some incredible pens. I especially like the fact that these are so different from what the rest of us are doing, yet still look classy. The trim bands give the pen a great look. The only critique I have is that I don't like the diameter of the barrel compared to that of the cap. When closed, it looks like too big of a jump, and almost like the pen will fit loosely in the cap.

Obviously, a very minor nit to pick, but I had to find SOMETHING since you asked! [:D]

Ron Mc

Mike,
Wonderful combination of woods. I really like the way the maple burl looks as a segment and may give it a go. The hidden clip has such an elegant look to it. I need to read that tutorial again.

gerryr

I get excited every time I see that you've posted a new pen.[:p] Like all the others, this one is outstanding. The difference in diameters doesn't bother, it gives it sort of a minimalist look.

SteveRoberts

Wow. There is some serious work in that one. Nice job. Every time I see a pen like that it helps me to realize how much more there is for me to explore.

Steve

dubdrvrkev

Nanner nanner guys, I've had the pleasure of handling this pen. Let me tell you it feels as good as it looks. A very classic design and the F&F is exceptional, good work again Mike!

vick

thanks everyone.

Jim - you are not the first person to mention the step between the bottom and cap. I personally like it and since I have a steped hole to recess the metal trim ring I like to leave a little extra wood on the cap.
Steve - I doubt that the style pens I make would translate to a big enough price hike to make the extra time worth it for you. This design is actually pretty easy to do and if you do them in batches can make the blanks fairly quickly.
Randy - I sent you am PM all the information on how to do this is out their and I will be glad to point you in the right direction.

As a note I have been looking at this one for a while now and have decided that something is off on the body were the Jatoba accent line is. I will probably try this design again but use the maple burl again below the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom