Brown Mallee Pen & Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Just got done with these for a customer. Just goes to show you how much variation you can get in two blanks that looked almost identical before turning. I think he will like the variation though. Also, the barrel sizes are the same, the photo makes the pencil look larger. Woodturner's finish only.

brownmalleset.jpg

Cheers,

James

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Originally posted by coach
<br />James,
I got an order to do a cigar pen/pencil set in box elder burl yesterday. How are the cigar pencils? I might do one for myself.

Hey coach.

The cigar pencils are the exact same setup and turn as a normal cigar. It is actually a nice kit. The tubes are the same length and diameter, so all the cuting drilling and prep is the same. Assembly is the same with the exception of the center mechanism holder, but it is still a press fit, very easy.

James

Fangar

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am not much for pencils either, but I keep a couple of the kits around just in case someone asks for them.

James

dubdrvrkev

Great set. Very nice work.
I wish they would make the pencils in other platings also, gold and platinum are some of my least frequent kits.

Fangar

Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />Great set. Very nice work.
I wish they would make the pencils in other platings also, gold and platinum are some of my least frequent kits.

I agree kevin. I tend to choose more of the chrome for my light colored woods. I like the look of the Brown mallee with the chrome. But since this was the only thing available, I had to use the gold.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom