Brown Mallee - JR Victor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from timberbits

timberbits

This is a JR Victor Rollerball (aka JR Retro) in Brown Mallee.

Sanded to 400 grit. CA Finish - 20 thin coats. Sanded to 2,000 grit. Brasso, cornflour then automotive wax.

Thanks in advance for any comment or suggestions for improvements.

Regards

Timberbits.

Attachments

• BrownMalleeJRVictor.jpg
    BrownMalleeJRVictor.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 261
  • BrownMalleeJRVictor2.jpg
    BrownMalleeJRVictor2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 244
  • BrownMalleeJRVictor3.jpg
    BrownMalleeJRVictor3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 224
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jedgerton

Very nice pen, fit and finish is great. On the photo, it looks like you need a little more depth of field in your focus. The best way I know of to achieve this is to add more light so a smaller aperature will be possible (at a given shutter speed). If your camera allows manual settings, choose the highest f-stop it will allow and everything should be in focus.

I'm offering this assuming you wanted everything in focus. If not, never mind :).

John

timberbits

Very nice pen, fit and finish is great. On the photo, it looks like you need a little more depth of field in your focus. The best way I know of to achieve this is to add more light so a smaller aperature will be possible (at a given shutter speed). If your camera allows manual settings, choose the highest f-stop it will allow and everything should be in focus.

Thanks everyone for the kind words on this pen that I have made.

Extra thanks to John for the advice. I was getting lazy by not fully setting up all my lights and not using a tripod. I will do that next time to increase my depth of field.

Regards

Timberbits.

ldb2000

Another beautiful bit of timber David . You guys from OZ are lucky to have some of the most beautiful woods in the world . The LOML just got me a box of Corn flour (starch) for the next pen I make . Thanks for the tip .

timberbits

Another beautiful bit of timber David . You guys from OZ are lucky to have some of the most beautiful woods in the world . The LOML just got me a box of Corn flour (starch) for the next pen I make . Thanks for the tip .

Don't mix too large a batch at a time, after about a week the slurry starts to smell like rotten eggs.

Hope it helps.

Timberbits.

Top Bottom