Brown Mallee Burl Sierra #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

Well the difficult thing about making pens for me is that I love all the pens that I make!! I don't want to part with them!! The pen I made for a birthday gift, I just don't want to give away. So I had to run down to the shop and make a gift. I took a piece of Brown Mallee Burl and turned a Sierra. I made one before and it turned out nice so why not do it again with more experience and better skills?

I figured that I could make the pen fast and make it look nice for the gift. And I think it came out pretty nice for less than 2 hours work! The details are: 120-600 grit and then MM-12,000, fast dry Tung Oil, double buff, CA/BLO-5 layers, MM-2,400-12,000, double buff again, Ren wax.

Here are the pix:

sCIMG4864.jpg

sCIMG4865.jpg

sCIMG4866.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

Well...

T-bone got his pen at the surprise party. It was the first gift opened and it caused quite a stir. It got passed around the room and they wanted to see more. I had the curly Massandruba THAT i was going to give him and a couple of curly maples.

His mom wanted to buy some but I told her that I don't sell them. Heck I don't even like to give them away much less sell them!! Anyhoo everyone was happy and the Aussies did well for me with their nice timber.
:cool::cool::cool:

Top Bottom