Brown Ebony & Maple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RIPPIN45

RIPPIN45

This is Brown Ebony with a strip of maple down the middle. The pen kit is a Jr. Retro in copper. I also turned a small groove and filled it with some copper embossing glitter. finished with CA.
1_Jr._Retro_Copper.jpg
1_Jr._Retro_copper_cap.jpg
http://www.penturners.org/photos/index.php?n=11156

Jgrden

Need a bigger and better picture to see what you did. I am really interested in how you inserted the maple. As you know, I have been having issues with ebony splitting. This might be a great way to use the Ebony and not worry about someone coming back to me 6 months later saying their ebony split.

RIPPIN45

I am working on my photographs. I have a cardboard box with all of the three sides cut out with some white towels. What I forgot to do was put a white towel over the top, and the pic is too dark.
I had the brown ebony for some time and was encased in wax. I split the ebony blank down the middle, then had some maple that was cut into strips. I then used wood glue and clamps. I have made several pens using wood glue and clamps (let them sit for 24 hr.). I use my first pens (certain styles, etc) at work to see how they hold up with daily use, shows me how the finished stand up, cap screws, etc.:cool:

Top Bottom