Brooks803 and Justturnin blanks from Castaway VI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BeSquare

BeSquare

I had some shop time today before our big holiday craft show tomorrow, so I got a couple of the blanks I received from the blank exchange turned.

The first is a Vintage Green blank that was put in the exchange by Brooks803. I put it on a gold Zen and reversed painted the blank with some lime green acrylic and I think it just turned out great. It's actually the first blank I've reverse painted, and it's amazing the amount of depth it gives the blank.

The second is a hybrid blank with just a gorgeous wood paired with teal and purple acrylic. I put it on a chrome jr gentleman with a finial replacement from the blank. My wife claimed this one before it even left my shop, gotta love it when that happens.

Third pen is a black ti and gold sierra pen with a blank that was a first for me. I took a purple pearlex blank I had made that blew up when we tried to turn it and recast it with silver pearl ex. I think the effect is really nice and turned out a nice pen.

Thanks again to everyone that took part in the exchange, I have a couple more pens coming from it soon. Special thanks to Brooks and Justturnin on these 2, they turned out great and they were a joy to turn.

C&C welcome!

- Rich

Attachments

• vintage_green_1.jpg
    vintage_green_1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 175
  • vintage_green_2.jpg
    vintage_green_2.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 210
  • hybrid_1.jpg
    hybrid_1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 213
  • hybrid_2.jpg
    hybrid_2.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 229
  • hybrid_3.jpg
    hybrid_3.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 173
  • hybrid_4.jpg
    hybrid_4.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 155
  • purple_1.jpg
    purple_1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 177
  • purple2.jpg
    purple2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 147
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jyreene

Look great! I'm not a fan of gold but that green looks great with it. The gent is a nice pen! I can't comment on sierras because I despise that I kit more than the KGB. Nothing against you. The part between the front section and finial look great.

SDB777

Some fine examples of casting you scored here!

If I had a nickel for every pen my wife has 'claimed', well....I'd have a bucket full of nickels! Seems this is a trend in the pen making world that has extended to your place as well....awesome!!

Scott (wish I saw the castaway before it closed) B

BeSquare

Thanks for the great comments all :)

I think I can get a better picture of the purple one the next time I take my light box out, as for the under turned finial, yeah it got a bit small, but on the pen it still looks great because it's recessed.

More to come, just finished up the cherry pit blank that I got from the exchange, hope to get photos up for it soon.

- Rich

Top Bottom