Brooks803 Blank on a Copper Retro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jyreene

jyreene

Three firsts on this one. First Retro (copper fountain pen), like the kit. Will be getting more when I get back. Second, first custom finial. Did it on a whim and pleased with my first effort. Not perfect but a good first try. Third, first Brooks alumilite blue star dust thingy. I'm sure he has a name for it...

I made this for my wife. She picked the kit and blank to match. I should have back painted but I'm also glad I didn't because I think it would have lost a bit of the lightness to it. Here it is (bunch of different lighting and adjusting filters to show the depth):

C&C welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jyreene

Don, I don't think they are available anymore. I've got two left from a classifieds purchase on here. I'd be willing to trade one.

longbeard

Nice job on the pen, well done.

No one has the copper ones any more for sale.
Laulau woodworks used to, they only have the gd ti, blk ti, and rhod

Last edited:

JP61

Very nice!

I haven't used copper kits yet, do you know if this and other copper kits have some type of coating on them?

(from some of your posts, I'm assuming you're on active duty. Is that right?)

jyreene

Nice job on the pen, well done. No one has the copper ones any more for sale. Laulau woodworks used to, they only have the gd ti, blk ti, and rhod

Thank you. Similar to my favorite. The copper Junior gent 2. Not available!

Very nice! I haven't used copper kits yet, do you know if this and other copper kits have some type of coating on them? (from some of your posts, I'm assuming you're on active duty. Is that right?)

Thanks! I think so but I do know that copper is the fastest wearing from what I've read. I am. 14 years in the Corps tomorrow the 29th!

JP61

Thanks! I think so but I do know that copper is the fastest wearing from what I've read. I am. 14 years in the Corps tomorrow the 29th!

One of these days I'll have to make one for myself to use at work.

Congrats and thank you for your service!
Stay safe! Semper Fi

(0311 from 79-83)

jyreene

One of these days I'll have to make one for myself to use at work. Congrats and thank you for your service! Stay safe! Semper Fi (0311 from 79-83)

It's a nice kit. Same bushings as the Jr Gent 2.

Thanks. Thank you for your service. I always strive to fill the big shoes of my predecessors and serve with honor.

jyreene

S.A.Mappin

I loved the copper kits, you used to be able to get them from Woodturners, its a shame they qit selling them.

Love the pen too, nice collaboration!!

vanngo5d

Don, I don't think they are available anymore. I've got two left from a classifieds purchase on here. I'd be willing to trade one.

Sounds great just drop me a PM and let me know what you would like to trade. Remember I'm a caster but i have just about anything:biggrin::biggrin:
Thanks,

Top Bottom