Brooks' custom acrylics!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MorganGrafixx

MorganGrafixx

So I had an order for a Zen where the customer was very specific about what blank he wanted on it. The closest thing I could find was the Trustone in black with gold matrix. Well, that didn't turn out well because I destroyed 4 of the blanks during the drilling. At the end of my rope and wondering what the heck I was going to do, I turned to the only place I knew of that could pull off some magic. Jonathon Brooks to the rescue. I told him I wanted a black/gold blank, but it was imperative that the gold be metallic and not yellow or orange. He replied with "Don't worry, I've got just the thing". A few days later a package arrived at my house with blanks and extras galore. I picked out one of the blanks and got to work. The end product can not fully be understood with a picture. The black is not just black. It is at least 4 different tones of black with pearl mica throughout. The gold is truly metallic and just sets off the metal hardware to perfection. The customer (a very wealthy, very picky man) is used to the finer things in life and is hard to impress at all. I was unwrapping the paper towel to reveal the pen to him and is immediate reaction was (and I quote) "Holy $h!t man! Where do you put the batteries?!" I breathed a sigh of relief.

I urge anyone who is looking for custom acrylic stuff to go see Jonathon. The man is a magician and works FAST!!! His prices are better than anywhere else and his quality is FAR better than anywhere else.

Attachments

• IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0662.jpg
    IMG_0662.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 350
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

steeler fan1

Great looking pen, I'm going to have to try some of them. Being a Pittsburg Steeler fan (if you hadn't already guessed:rolleyes:), Jonathan has made me a number of Black & Gold blanks. They are all outstanding. He does very good work and you did a very good job on the pen.

Carl

Brooks803

Wow! Thank you Scott for the kudos! Same goes for the rest of yall. Scott, I'm very happy to hear your client was pleased with your work. That pen looks great and I'm glad I had that same kit to compare my choices of gold to :wink: (oops...did I just give myself away? :tongue:) I hope this sell will lead to many others...especially ones that need custom blanks! Again, great work!

MorganGrafixx

But you did not tell us what size battery it requires. That one nice looking pen.

I got together with Jonathon and we decided to "go green" on this one and bypassed the battery altogether and went with Plutonium radioactive atomic power. I think it adds something! :biggrin:

Top Bottom