Brooks in Blue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mr

IPD_Mr

While doing our Nieces pen, we decided to work on one of Brook's blanks. This is revereased painted with a pearl blue airbrush paint. Pretty interesting blank. There is a little too much glitter for my taste, but it will be a big hit with the ladies. All comments and critiques are welcome.

blue1.jpg

blue2.jpg

blue3.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Pretty cool Mike. I like the straight body line. That's pushing the limit on transparency but, you pulled it off. :wink:

ToddMR

Very nicely turned. Nice and straight. The flow looks nice. The blank looks good as well. I think it will do well.

Brooks803

Looks Great Mike! I have to give you major congrats on your reverse painting skills! I can't imagine that was easy to pull off and it was well worth it too, great work.

Pretty cool Mike. I like the straight body line. That's pushing the limit on transparency but, you pulled it off. :wink:

LOL...you have no idea! Well....these might help show what it was before Mike did his magic on it.

Attachments

• 100_2858 (587x700).jpg
    100_2858 (587x700).jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 100_2870 (700x416).jpg
    100_2870 (700x416).jpg
    323 KB · Views: 122

Drstrangefart

Looks Great Mike! I have to give you major congrats on your reverse painting skills! I can't imagine that was easy to pull off and it was well worth it too, great work.

LOL...you have no idea! Well....these might help show what it was before Mike did his magic on it.

WOOOOOW!!!! That's just cool. Really like the translucence. Kinda wanna see what a bare nickel plated tube would look like in there.....

Bobalu

That's Super!. Didn't realize what a challenge you had to work with until Jonathon posted the pics of the original blank. Great work!

IPD_Mr

Johnathan - Thanks for posting the before picture. We hung onto the other half of the blank to photograph. Reverse painting is made easy with an air brush and the right paints. Another trick that my FIL (Joe) passed along is to use a reamer to smooth the insides of the blank and make it slightly larger so the tube does not scrap off the paint when you slide it in. I would love to see this on something that had a little more meat to the blank to bring out the depth of the blank.

Allen - The problem with that is you will see the glue between the tube and blank.

G1Pens

Love it. I agree on the glitter, but it will draw the girls who like the sparkly stuff. I am a big fan of Jonathan's blanks. He does some amazing stuff....but it take a good turner to get the best out of them. You did that.

MarkD

Great job Mike. I expect the ladies will really like that pen! Great job on the reverse painting.

Top Bottom