Brooks Blank 3 of 3 - Florida Gators

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

Here's the 3rd of my Brooks blanks for the weekend. Florida gators blue and orange. Unfortunately I decided to paint the tube white so where it got thin turned more yellow than I would have liked. I thought black would have been a bad choice as well and I didn't have any other colors, so I took a chance.

Camera doesn't seem to do the actual colors justice though, looks much better in person :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1440_1 (Small).jpg
    IMG_1440_1 (Small).jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1441_1 (Small).jpg
    IMG_1441_1 (Small).jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1443_1 (Small).jpg
    IMG_1443_1 (Small).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

For a second there, I thought Brooks was casting gator jaw bone!

Fit-n-finish look really good. Do you use the MM to 12K and polish stuff?

Scott (nice coloring) B

Brooks803

Another success Carl! Maybe I'll talk to Hans about doing a reverse painting demo and talk about what colors work best in certain situations and vice versa. Again, happy to have been able to help!

For a second there, I thought Brooks was casting gator jaw bone!

Fit-n-finish look really good. Do you use the MM to 12K and polish stuff?

Scott (nice coloring) B

LOL....Scott, I have a few gator bones....don't think it hasn't crossed my mind! :cool:

ToddMR

Brooks does cast awesome blanks. I am jealous. Very good looking pen Carl. You did a good job turning and polishing. Looks real nice.

Carl Fisher

Maybe I'll talk to Hans about doing a reverse painting demo and talk about what colors work best in certain situations and vice versa.

Not a bad idea. Until you've actually painted and turned it, it's hard to see what's really going to show through. Especially on these kits where it is SOOO thin on the ends.

Yes, MM and then Novus 2. Those pics are a bit blurry the more I look at them. Unfortunately the pen has been shipped off so I don't have an opportunity to take any better shots.

Top Bottom