Bronze Dream Mini Cones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

Today is my first day between jobs for 3 weeks. Instead of cleaning the shop, I thought it best to finish this pen that has been sitting on my lathe for a couple weeks. It fought me to the end, but I won! Not too many voids in the cones as I'm applying a bit more pressure to these when casting them. Where I messed up was in sanding and not cleaning the blank well enough before applying my CA finish. I brought it up to 600 then did the CA. Normally this works, but when I was done, I found the nasty marks. Brought it back down and skewed to a finish, then applied the CA. No sanding the second time around. Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• P4060296.jpg
    P4060296.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 395
  • P4060291.jpg
    P4060291.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 308
  • P4060294.jpg
    P4060294.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 223
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Eric that is a great looking pen. Those are a real pain when they aren't cast well. Good choice of kits to go with it as well.

ToddMR

Eric I like the colors in the blank combined with the cones. I think it looks like they belong in there. Really a nice looking result.

thewishman

Eric, that is a stunner! I cannot believe the depth of the colors on the cap - it is so thin, yet looks inches deep. The whole thing looks other-worldly. Very nice work!

wizard

Eric, That is absolutely beautiful !!! The colors and patterns remind of the life on a Pacific reef teeming with life and at another glance reminds of the vastly different frontier of space in the form of a developing nebula. I don't think I have ever seen a blank that beautiful. The components are perfect as it frames the beauty well! Would really like to see that on the front page.:)
Regards, Doc

Buzzzz4

Thanks again, Doc, I love your description and really appreciate your comments. I just wish I could bring forward the photos like you do.

Top Bottom