Bring Back

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Deere41h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deere41h

This is the Bring Back for tonights meeting of the Golden Triangle Woodturners. At each meeting we have a door prize. The winner of the prize has to Bring Back the prize the next month. This is a Cigar in Antler with Platinum. As you might have guessed I won last month so had to turn something for this month.

200527164817_Antler236a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
G

Nice looking antler pen.
I'm not sure how this bring back thing works.
Are you saying you get to keep the pen for a month and then bring it back like the fruit cake on Christmas thing or is it "Round Robin", you make another item to give next month.?

tipusnr

Indeed a good looking pen. Suddenly, though, I had this image in my mind of several penturners running through the forest trying to catch deer for pen material! I know that's not how it happens but it DOES make a hilariously funny image!!!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I got my antler by catching an Eagle(sc)! [8D] Beautiful antler pen, John. I hope you got something equally nice!
Originally posted by tipusnr
<br />Suddenly, though, I had this image in my mind of several penturners running through the forest trying to catch deer for pen material!

its_virgil

Our club does the "bring back". Someone started it by bringing a turned item and we put our names in a hat and drew a winner. The winner of tonight's prize must turn something amd bring it back to the next meeting to give as a door prize. That pattern continues...A couple of us always take something extra in case the last winner is absent we have a door prize ready...then we have two bring backs working. It is fun and as small as our club is each of us wins often.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Deere41h

Originally posted by Eaglesc
<br />Nice looking antler pen.
I'm not sure how this bring back thing works.
Are you saying you get to keep the pen for a month and then bring it back like the fruit cake on Christmas thing or is it "Round Robin", you make another item to give next month.?

It is sort of like the fruit cake only you take last years out of the freezer and bring it back. Seriously the person that won the door prize this month has to make something to bring the next month for the new door prize drawing. The nice part is that if it is really nice you can buy as many tickets as you want to improve your chance of winning!! Last month I won a beautiful mesquite bowl.

opfoto

That is one great looking pen.

Boy...can you just imagine...Harvesting a buck, whipping out a lathe, making a pen using his own antlers then signing the tag with it. Movie just made for TV. I'm gonna get emotional.[:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom