Breast Cancer Awareness Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TattooedTurner

Unfortunately this is the second BCA pen I've made for a coworker in less than a year. Fortunately both are doing great after surgery. 99% cancer removal in the first and 100% for second, whom this is for. I used a much lighter pink for the first and didn't want them to have exact duplicates of each other so I used a darker mica powder for this one. The first go was backpainted white and while the color was lighter - and more fitting - the white could be seen on all four ends where the barrels taper down to the hardware, so I made another blank and backpainted it black. I probably should have gone with red but I didn't have any red acrylic paint and I've had problems using enamel paint, so black it was. There's still a very nice shimmer of pink but the pics don't show it quite as well as I'd like. She was thrilled with it and actually got a bit teary eyed. Both are sweethearts and I was happy to brighten their days a little bit.

I made the blank with Silmar 41 and colored it with Pink Extreme mica powder.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Last edited:
Thanks guys! The coworker I gave this one to is quite the joker and messes with me constantly throughout the day - and I think it's great. To see her get teary eyed then give me a hug really hit me in the soft spot.

Top Bottom