"Breaking The Law"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EBorraga

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well a few month's ago I decided I needed a pen for myself. So after the casing contest I talked to Seamus about a quarter pen. I'm not into flashy pens and my favorite colors are Red and Black. U of L colors. I'm also a huge lover of the horses and live about 3 minutes from Churchill. I also know there is a trademarked logo on it. No sweat, as my best friend of 20 years is the Vice President of Churchill Downs Inc.

All comments accepted, good or bad.

Attachments

• Ky Quarter Pen (1).JPG
    Ky Quarter Pen (1).JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 516
  • Ky Quarter Pen.JPG
    Ky Quarter Pen.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 395
  • Ky Quarter Pen (2).JPG
    Ky Quarter Pen (2).JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 325
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Ernie,
That is one good looking pen my friend! The black and read with the quarter image looks great.
You know your friend at the track is going to want one now to keep quite. :rolleyes:

PenPal

Ernie,

Beaut pen share your enthusiasm with Seamus I too look forward to his creations in the fullness of times. As I am unfamiliar with the history UofL and Churchill are mysteries to me but I can sense the pride in the way you delivered the words. Churchill reminds me of the dark years of the 1939 to 1941 second world war and Winston Churchill a famous statesman in England we used to hear on the radio every day.

Seamus has made his trademark Quarters famous in this forum and abroad a totally neat guy I call friend.

Thank you for sharing this personal story.

As we come toward summer I feel for those people who are suffering drought, excesses of all weather probs especially the way whole nations are caught up just now, a breath of fresh air the simple exchanges between friends gladden my heart.

Kind regards Peter.

seamus7227

that looks phenomenal Ernie! I wished i made your name a little brighter:rolleyes: Overall, glad you liked the end result!~

Peter~
thank you for the kind words, I have not forgotten you :redface:.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Seamus, it's brighter than the pic shows up. I'm still floored it came out so good. I also chose Black Ti over Rhodium. I think it gives it a better look. This baby is just simple and elegant. My type of pen:biggrin:

Peter, U of L is the University of Louisville Cardinals. My favorite college sports team. Churchill, s Churchill Downs, which is where the Kentucky Derby is ran every year. Hope this helps.

PenPal

Ernie,

Thanks for the description over 40 yrs ago we had a couple in my Church visit Australia for a yr or two they were on their sixth such mission (no children) he came from Kentucky and I felt
he was also obsessed with horses and the Derby races, he introduced us ie Wilma and I to the blue grass country having painted such a lovely picture to us. He had an incredible memory and when quoting just picked up a book mostly held it upside down pretended to read from them verbatum. It was said of him he was a rare man among men. Thanks for evoking the memories. His name was Marius M Millar ( Miller?) I can see his face even now.

Thank you. Peter.
Seamus thanks mate.

OKLAHOMAN

Ernie and Seamus, all I can say is you both did excellant,........ lets see, my Gators blue and orange:biggrin: ...................nope wouldn't come close to yours:frown:.

thewishman

That is an awesome pen! You should make some sales from carrying that puppy around. Nice compilation of your favorite things - pens, Ky, Churchill Downs, U of L. Now if you could put a disc and some car parts in there as well...

ctubbs

I'M TELLIN', YES I'M TELLIN', unless that wonderful pen arrives overnight at my house, that is. OOPS, did I say that blackmail out loud?
That is one gorgeous and well thought out pen Ernie. Congratulations on the idea to you and the quality execution to both Seamus and you. Great job.
Charles

Fantastic workmanship

Ernie, when are you going to show me how this is made ?? I was telling some Pen guys at Woodcraft today about your pen and told them to give it look.

Al

Top Bottom