shirt clip is 14 gauge wire
basket ball is from a charm bracelet

BASKETBALL pen 011.jpg

BASKETBALL pen 020.jpg

BASKETBALL pen 023.jpg

BASKETBALL pen 025.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_only_me

They are quite crudely finished, but you can sort that out with finer grits, wire wool and finally buffing.

If your finish was intentional then I apologise.

mecompco

Well, since you asked, I really like the concept. I personally would work on the execution. It works on a "folk-art" level, I guess, if that's what you're shooting (no pun intended) for. Surely the joints could be better done, and I don't care for the exposed solder on the clip. Oh, and I think designing the pen to take a "real" refill might be something to explore.

You've certainly showed some interesting designs and creativity. Please continue to share!

Regards,
Michael

Well, since you asked, I really like the concept. I personally would work on the execution. It works on a "folk-art" level, I guess, if that's what you're shooting (no pun intended) for. Surely the joints could be better done, and I don't care for the exposed solder on the clip. Oh, and I think designing the pen to take a "real" refill might be something to explore.

You've certainly showed some interesting designs and creativity. Please continue to share!

Regards,
Michael

Thanks Michael, you gave honest feedback, appreciate it

i have my big boy pants on, so no worries.:wink:
. I used 0000 steel wool...I think maybe i need to invest in a buffing wheel.
as far as the solider,,,yeah, your right,,little messy,,
I am working on soldiering on itty bitty stuff.

Thank you, Its only me

Finish could use some work. Maybe try use something as a lubericant as you polish. More speed less pressure. It's great that you are trying something different.

ELA

Neat ideas. You might find a book on jewelry making to see how they use silver solder to attach pieces without the solder showing. Keep at it and continue to show us your work.

It's a lot more fun when you play outside the box.

Larry

mecompco

Picasso ?

no, just big footed Frodo LOL

check this one out.

it is 357 shells, and 3/8'' brass ferrells

filled the last shell with lead to give it weight,

wrapped in wire for the pocket clip

So, this is what I'm talking about--I love the various caliber brass, but for me, it just doesn't "flow". Now, this is just me--I like clean, flowing lines--the abrupt changes just jar my eye. I probably have a problem, and I'm sure other's will love it, so take MHO FWIW.

Regards,
Michael

PS: I don't care for the wire wrap, either, for this application (for the other pen you posted, it was kinda cool). Not that I could do any better, of course. This is all so subjective that it is difficult to quantify. There are MANY mass-produced pen kits that I find difficult to understand why anyone would purchase them.

Picasso ?

no, just big footed Frodo LOL

check this one out.

it is 357 shells, and 3/8'' brass ferrells

filled the last shell with lead to give it weight,

wrapped in wire for the pocket clip

So, this is what I'm talking about--I love the various caliber brass, but for me, it just doesn't "flow". Now, this is just me--I like clean, flowing lines--the abrupt changes just jar my eye. I probably have a problem, and I'm sure other's will love it, so take MHO FWIW.

Regards,
Michael

PS: I don't care for the wire wrap, either, for this application (for the other pen you posted, it was kinda cool). Not that I could do any better, of course. This is all so subjective that it is difficult to quantify. There are MANY mass-produced pen kits that I find difficult to understand why anyone would purchase them.

Michael
respect your opinion and appreciate the insight, It is good to kick ideas back and forth. makes the grey matter heat up and simmer.

the wire wrap,,hide.gif I agree,I am not impressed either

I phoned that in.:rolleyes:

tomtedesco

I like your doing things others are not doing. The only way to advance is to dream up new ideas and run them up the flagpole. All will not be winners, or appeal to everyone, but keep pulling the trigger (pun intended) on your bullet pens.

Top Bottom