Brass Bolt Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Had a break and time to post something I made a little at a time. Lately. I have only making pens for patients or as gifts for auctions at galas benefiting children's health and education. I don't feel as guilty taking time away from work or patients when I do that.
This one was just for fun and my collection. I made one previously out of a stainless steel bolt inspired by the creative murine across the pond. This one...a brass bolt from Home Depot. Hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it. Doc :)

Attachments

• Brass Bolt  Rollerball_2.jpg
    Brass Bolt Rollerball_2.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 735
  • Brass Bolt Rollerball.jpg
    Brass Bolt Rollerball.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 750
  • Brass Bolt Rollerball_1.jpg
    Brass Bolt Rollerball_1.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 739
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
MURINE !!!! MURINE????? Moi???? :eek::mad:
A common and garden rodent that co-habits with humans????:eek: I resemble that remark!!:)

Doc, that pen is fantastic. You have taken an idea and vastly improved on it.:biggrin:
Superbly well done sir.

It is always a great compliment when someone likes something so that they come back with an even better version. :wink:

Rick_G

Now that I like. Seeing stuff like that "almost" makes me wish I was still working so I could get a metal lathe. Now that I am retired I have all the time in the world to regret not buying all the neat toys, (I mean tools) when I was working and had the money.

Gofer

It may be inspired by a very talented rodent, but that is one incredible master piece. It most definitely deserves a spot on the front page, Keep on inspiring the rest of us Doc.

Bruce

Last edited:

SteveG

Imagine that, a junk old brass bolt or two, a bit of creative brain-work, some (almost) gold colored shavings on the floor. And the next thing you know...

FRONT PAGE!:biggrin:

CONGRATS Doc...Way to go! :):)

wizard

Thank You !!

Thank you very much Jeff !! I can't tell you what a pleasant surprise this was after a work week from hell. Thanks to all of you for the kind and encouraging words !! Regards, Doc:)

wizard

Looks great on the front page, Doc! :biggrin:

Jeff, Wanted to say something when I thanked you for placing this photo on the front page...and I couldn't bring myself to do it then,
It's late..and I wanted to share it. My mom passed away exactly a year today the 16th. She had wanted me to be an artist...and this is as close as I got. When I showed her my first few pens..she didn't look at them at them right away. She looked at my eyes and with her smile and soft voice said "you look happy". I miss her.
Doc

magpens

Hi Doc, ... LOVE your pen !!! . Congratulations on getting on the Home Page !!

Do you mind telling what size brass bolt you used ? . Can't find one suitable at our Home Depot in Canada so will have to look elsewhere. . I'd like to try making a pen like yours. Thanks a lot !

wizard

Last edited:

Rockytime

What a wonderful pen. Did you use a metal lathe and if so, what kind. Seems like a pretty hard job for a mini lathe, although I do not have one. My lathe is a bit larger. Wonderful work on your part. Congratulations on a nice piece of work.

KDM

Lovin' this pen. i like a nice piece of brass at the best of times, but making it into a pen? Yummy!

What's the thread on the cap?

wizard

What a wonderful pen. Did you use a metal lathe and if so, what kind. Seems like a pretty hard job for a mini lathe, although I do not have one. My lathe is a bit larger. Wonderful work on your part. Congratulations on a nice piece of work.

Les, Thank you! Yes on the metal lathe. I used the LMS 8.5 X 20 Metal Lathe:)

Lovin' this pen. i like a nice piece of brass at the best of times, but making it into a pen? Yummy!

What's the thread on the cap?

Hi Ken, Thank you! Thread on cap is 14 X 0.8 mm X triple start.:)

wizard

David's Brass Rollerbolt

Well, the Brass Rollerbolt was gifted to my son and is now sitting as a desk accessory on my his office desk at Exxon in Baton Rouge, LA. He wanted it for a graduation gift. He graduated from Texas A&M University in Chemical Engineering with a 4.0 gradepoint average at the top oh his graduating class.
I'm proud of him and his Rollerbolt. Apparently it's a conversation piece at work. Old Reg grew up...I miss him.
Regards, Doc

Attachments

• David_Brass Rollerbolt_1.jpg
    David_Brass Rollerbolt_1.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 151
  • David Plaque.jpg
    David Plaque.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 158
Top Bottom