Brass and Aluminum Pentel Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chuck Key

Chuck Key

Custom made nib but I didn't get the lead out far enough in the photo.

B2.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Chuck,
Beautiful pencil! How'd you get the detail on the cartridge? Laser/engraver?

I think I'd like it a little better if the upper aluminum case was the same diameter as the back plate of the cartridge, but it is very nice as it is!

Well done!

Last edited:

Chuck Key

Chuck,
How'd you get the detail on the cartridge? Laser/engraver?

Dremel tool. I modified a door hinge for mounting the dremel to my metal lathe which allowed the dremel to float vertically. Then made a depth control modeled after the one JR showed for use with his PW to control the depth of cut. The final detail was made using an indexing setup.

Chuckie

bruce119

Very nice Chuck

How do you advance the lead. Is it a P-20? model pencil I don't see a button looks like you used a chromed 7mm tube and a slim final & clip. Does the whole top tube push to advance the lead. Did you put the little grabber guide thing in the nib daa you must have otherwise the lead would retract wile in use. I am starting to get the picture.

Nice job some very nice engineering.

Bruce

Chuck Key

Very nice Chuck

How do you advance the lead. Is it a P-20? model pencil I don't see a button looks like you used a chromed 7mm tube and a slim final & clip. Does the whole top tube push to advance the lead. Did you put the little grabber guide thing in the nib daa you must have otherwise the lead would retract wile in use. I am starting to get the picture.

Bruce

Yes, P207 and the entire upper tube is the clicker button. The tube is polished T2011 aluminum drilled out and taped on the end to hold the clip from telescoping magnetic pickup tool (name?). The nib hole is drilled to .7mm and I found I did not need the grabber thing you mention. The lead is held in place by the gripper on the mechanism. The mechanism was also shortened by about an inch to reduce the overall length of the pencil.

John

Top Bottom