For the boys of summer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

A pair of pens for the boys of summer....since the world series has just ended. I made these (and 16 more just like them) for our HS baseball team last season. Thought you might like to see them. Found the pictures while cleaning some folders of pictures.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200411544538_BB%20pens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Mark,
I wanted to make a baseball bat pen but did not want to turn a slimline into a baseball bat, although I did and I'll post a picture if you want to see it. I searched and this is the only pen I found. I ordered it from poolewood machinery in the UK. Here is the link
http://www.poolewood.co.uk/acatalog/Baseball_Bat_Pen_Kit.html

They sent me the wrong mandrel so I devised my own way to turn the pens. If you order some and want to know how I made the pens I will be happy to share what I learned with you. After I made about 30 of these pens I stumbled onto a website that showed how to make them. But since I did not have the proper mandrel I continued to make them using my method. But this link will show you how the pen is made and what the kit looks like. The price on poolewood's website is for a pkg of 5 kits. Works out to about $3.50-$4.00 per kit. Woodchuckers in canada has been reported to have these kits but they are not on their site and I have not called them. The kits from the UK get here in about 7 days. They ship via the postoffice. check out this link...look on the right hand column at the bottom at closed end baseball bat pens.
http://www.stinggroup.addr.com/projects/011401/pagesindex.html

Good luck and if I can be of any help let me know.

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by melogic
<br />Don,
What kind of pen is that and how exactly did you manage the outcome?

wayneis

Thats pretty cool. I've got some desk pens that turn the same way with the same kind of mandrel and brass bushing. They work really nice, I've made several wedding pens for the guest book with this setup. I think that I bought them from either Wood Craft or Lee Valley here in the States.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom