Boy Scout Leader Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woody0207

woody0207

Recently my son received the Eagle Scout award. I wanted to say a big thank you to the leaders of our Troop who have put in countless hours of their time to mentor the scouts in the troop. I wanted to pick something appropriate for scouts and settled on an osage orange pen with red acrylic segments to model the uniform with red shoulder epaulets. They have a matte finish to keep a natural outdoor look.

The pens have been handed out and they all said it was "too much" which to me signifies their selfless commitment to the boys. My hats off to all scout leaders out there!

tn_Scout%20Pens1.jpg

tn_Scout%20Pen2.jpg

tn_Scout%20Pen3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Originally posted by woody0207

Recently my son received the Eagle Scout award. I wanted to say a big thank you to the leaders of our Troop who have put in countless hours of their time to mentor the scouts in the troop.

Nice pens and I'll bet well received by the scout leaders. I was a Boy Scout and a member of "Order of the Arrow".

OldWrangler

I grew up on a tributary to the Chesapeake Bay not far from the Naval Academy in the early 50's. We were all in the Sea Scouts. I don't know if this still exists or if it was part of the Boy Scouts. We had merit badges for things like knots, sailing, boat building, morse code, compass reading, flag signaling, etc. Some of our Scout Masters owned nice 36'-45' sailboats and many classes took place on these boats. Anybody else remember this and are they still around? I think I remember the uniforms were a navy blue with yellow trim.

markgum

very nice gift. Congrats to your son and earning his Eagle. I spent 20+++ years as a Scout Master (I've retired from that now). All 3 of my son's earned their Eagle. Yes, the Sea Scouts are still around. We have an active group in Stockton, CA..

heineda

Hello,

Sea Scouts is a type of Explorer group. Explorers are for older/more mature scouts who wish to specialize in a particular interest. There are aviation groups, boating groups, climbing, etc.

Dan Heine
Eagle Scout
Asst. Scoutmaster Troop 1605
Wood Carving merit badge counsellor

Top Bottom