Boxer pen, version 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevers

Hi All,
This is version 2 of my dog pen. Its our boxer named Patients. Resin cast over label. Rhodium Cigar. Questions and comments welcome,

200792223514_Patients%20Pen%20version%202a%20600.jpg

20079222361_Patients%20Pen%20version%202%20600.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

I'm getting it figured out. This pen was cast with powder coated tubes I received from a friend. He'll let you know who he is if he chooses. They worked well in respect to ease of use. No painting, just cork and apply the labels and cast. Very simple. The only draw back I could see is, the tubes are so shiny and slick, the tube wants to move inside the label, after it's cast. The adhesive on the back of the label seems to soften and wants to let the tube roll. This was next day, so the resin was cooled down, no longer hot from exothermic activity. I am looking into this one. The first attempt at the lower tube was a blow out. I blew the whole end of the bank off, got too aggressive with the skew. Thats when I realized the tube was loose, I just pushed it out of the broken blank. The tube had a sticky residue on it from the label adhesive. I'm looking into why this happened. I'll post results when I get some.
The final results turned out OK. I think the tubes are still loose inside the blank though. I don't know what would happen on a white pen.

underdog

If you get the glue in the label hot, it's going to let go, no matter what. And even if you don't get it hot, the glue will always be a bit pliable, and break down over time.
I'd look into gluing printed photo paper onto your sanded tube with CA glue or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom