Box of pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OLDMAN5050

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
Guess how many troop pens will fit in a large flat rate box? Most kits donated by vendors on this forum. All blanks donated by people on this forum, thanks Louis for the dogwood and Osage, Fred for the purple heart, Keith for the mahogany. Now guess what is in the box?

Attachments

• troop pens.jpg
    troop pens.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 513
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wildbill23c

Banned

Pens that I can see in the box look great. Are they all the same pen kit?

I'm waiting for someone to come out with an acrylic pen blank with a purple heart ribbon in it. I have a few soldiers here locally where I live that need a purple heart pen. And I don't mean purple heart wood, I mean the purple heart medal and ribbon for being injured in action. Anyone here know of a place that would happen to sell these blanks? I see beartoothwoods has a few like the Iraqi Campaign ribbon, and a few others.

ossaguy

I'm waiting for someone to come out with an acrylic pen blank with a purple heart ribbon in it. I have a few soldiers here locally where I live that need a purple heart pen. And I don't mean purple heart wood, I mean the purple heart medal and ribbon for being injured in action. Anyone here know of a place that would happen to sell these blanks? I see beartoothwoods has a few like the Iraqi Campaign ribbon, and a few others.

!32 is my guess.

How about a pen with the great looking USA Purple Heart stamp on it?

Steve

wildbill23c

Banned

!32 is my guess.

How about a pen with the great looking USA Purple Heart stamp on it?

Steve

My questions have been answered thanks to Ernie at Beartooth woods. A purple heart acrylic pen blank is in the works and will be available within the next couple months. I have a soldier that was in my company in Iraq who was severely injured in an IED blast. He lost both legs, and a couple fingers, one of these pens will be going to him. Our unit's recruiter was also injured in another IED blast and one of those pens will be made and go to him. My team leader was injured as well so one will be made for him too. I've got a list of people who these pens will be made for and given to. Just a little way of giving back.

Wow, 225 pens in that flat-rate box, excellent job everyone.

wildbill23c

Banned
How about a pen with the great looking USA Purple Heart stamp on it?Steve

Both Wood-n-Whimsies and Kallenshaan Woods make laser inlay Purple Heart blanks.

Hmm, good to know I'll start with those sites and get some parts here as soon as I can. I have to get some different sanding pads, and finish to do acrylic though first LOL. The ones I found are inlay kits. How hard is it to do that inlay stuff? Looks pretty difficult to me from what I've seen all the precise cuts you have to make.

Last edited:

wildbill23c

Banned
Ok, this has me interested, where can I go to get information about the pens for troops? I'm on a very limited income, but would like to help out as much as I can. Even if that means making up some pens and mailing to an IAP member to get out to the right people.

denniszoomy

Ok, this has me interested, where can I go to get information about the pens for troops? I'm on a very limited income, but would like to help out as much as I can. Even if that means making up some pens and mailing to an IAP member to get out to the right people.

CHeck with your local woodcraft store they are always making pens for troops.

Dennis

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam

wildbill23c

Banned

CHeck with your local woodcraft store they are always making pens for troops.

Dennis

Thanks, I will do that next time I make a trip over there.

Top Bottom