Box Elder from Terry Miller

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

Here is a closed end baron fp I made from some box elder I got from Terry Miller. If you have the opportunity to get some of this from him, jump on it!! It's pretty stuff! Comments/critiques welcome.

200645222436_boxelder.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chitswood

Originally posted by daveturns05
<br />I don't know if you can see it in the picture or not, but the lower half was curly, as well.

Hey I got some box elder, top grade curl on most of it, I've got the blue/grey stuff and some red stuff too I think. how much does it normally sell for? (free is not a legitimate request)
I'll post some pics if anyones interested

alamocdc

Interesting design, Dave. How did you dry the BE before turning? I got some from him too and it was almost dripping wet so I've been afraid to try it. I put it in my homemade dryer over night and half of it checked or split on me (my fault for drying it too fast I think).[:(]

Woodnknots

I had cut off a slab of it to get rid of the pith before turning a bowl. The slab dried by itself. But I had gotten a hunk of the whole board, so I had an oustide piece. My stuff was probably drier to begin with than yours. Some of it was pretty badly checked, but I can get a few decent pen blanks out of it. Moisture content was about 15 percent when I turned it. I've got another decent hunk of it with a huge void in it that will probably wind up as pen blanks, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom