A Box of Cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AlexL

AlexL

Here is a set of cigar pens I recently finished. They are cross grain morado with a CA finish.
They were purchased by a group from Ft Bragg as Christmas presents.

1_Image_2.jpg

1_Image_1.jpg

All the pens were made from the same piece of wood and kept in order from 1 to 14.
I prepped 15 pens just in case one blew out and it's a good thing I did.
After I delivered these the customer asked if it would be possible to make a 15th pen to match. :cool: alex

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief Hill

Nice job Alex... if you keep doing great work like that you should be able to start Pens for Medical School website soon.

They all look like photocopys. Great job!

robutacion

G'day Alex,

What great timing...! :biggrin:

Never heard of that wood before but, I certainly like it!

Not so easy to get so many pieces (blanks) so identical as those ones, even if cut from the same board, nice job there!

Them you made them all in my preferred pen kit, just when I'm thinking/trying/asking for a swap of those kits with some of my woods :wink:, obviously your costumer has good taste and selected of of the kits that produces great results for a very affordable price (kit).

Now, that you have done 15 of them, how do you feel about making Cigar pens? sorry, I have to ask, I did make this same observation on my thread swap request, only this time I will be confronted with 120 pens, 2 of each wood and cut type I have...!:eek::redface:

Anyway, I really thing that you made an excellent job in creating so many identical pens, with an outstanding wood and finish! Sure will make the job a lot easier to work out who get's which, even easier if the boss puts them all on a table top and let people pick, hahahah, I would like to see those people faces hahahaha...!:biggrin:

PS: Got any kits left?

Cheers
George

Last edited:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
What a great set of pens! I love Morado wood. The Crosscut really looks nice.
Great work! Outstanding photos as well!

glycerine

Man, those are beautiful! You should just skip college and keep making pens for a living! I'm just kidding, you need a good college education so you can figure out the geometry for some of those segmented beauties that I see posted every now and then...

Top Bottom