From box #3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

Here's a few pens made from blanks I took from box # 3. The first is a Zen wrapped in a blue acrylic and mesquite blank. The next is a Turkish walnut Triton, and the last is a lapis Triton.

C & C welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• zen blue and mesquite open.jpg
    zen blue and mesquite open.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 245
  • turkish walnut open.jpg
    turkish walnut open.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 188
  • turkish walnut closed.jpg
    turkish walnut closed.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 211
  • lapis triton open.jpg
    lapis triton open.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 182
  • lapis triton closed.jpg
    lapis triton closed.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 181
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

Thanks, guys.

John, it wasn't bad. The only problem was that I had to use CA on the mesquite so that I could polish the whole thing with MM and Hut polish since there was no resin the the mesquite. I don't cast blanks, so I don't know if this is standard or not. Otherwise it turned fine.

ossaguy

My favorite is the cool looking Zen.I like the contrast betwen the blue and the mesquite.

Nice group of pens!

Steve

elkhorn

Thanks, Steve. The credit for the blank goes to John Solie who cast it.

John, it made for an interesting blank. With all that was going on, I thought that the Zen would best show it off. There are some great pearlescent colors in the blue. I'll finish up a second one tonight from that same blank and try to post it in the next few days. Thanks for taking the time to make it and share it!

Trey

Now that is a beautiful group of pens. LOVE the mesquite and pearl blue. Did you put the CA just on the mesquite or did you coat the whole pen with it during the finish?

elkhorn

Thanks, all. Trey, I just CA'd the mesquite. I sanded the whole blank with MM, then CA'd the mesquite. I then finished everything with Scratch Free and Hut's plastic polish.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Wow John those are sure beautiful pen, I have to say I like the walnut one the....no I think it the Lapis....wait maybe the the blue arcylic and mesquite. I just can't choose.

elkhorn

Thanks for the kind words, Dan. It was fun to wait for the box and see what treasures were in there.

Top Bottom