bowlingball pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bud duffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud duffy

This is a purpleswirl bowlingball pen made from material i got from Sheila at POC. Boy is this stuff touchy with the heat from friction polishing i melted 2 right off the tubes, Guess i didnt need to put so much force into it!!

wirl%20bowling%20ball%20slimline%20jan%2011%202005.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KKingery

Looks like you got it right Bud! I turned my first bowling ball material just recently myself. I was'nt too impressed by the finish I got on it. Yours definately looks better than mine did!

elody21

Yes, It really is heat sensitive! I did the same thing. The pen looks Great!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I really like this stuff and you've done it proud. To me, it's kind of a middle ground between PVC and acrylic. The color choices at PoC (www.pocwoodworking) are beautiful. I think I'll have to order some on their big sale this weekend.

bud duffy

Thanks for all the kind words! That is pretty close to the actual color i think it is more of a real deep blue than purple but either way is OK with me. POC has the clips also that is where i got them. I made this and one in the Florecent Orange sparkle for a friend that owns the bowling alley we bowl at,i made him a pen from deer antler and one day he was working on the machines the pen fell out of his pocket [xx(]he hasnt found it yet so i figured i would make him a dayglo orange one to be eiser to find back there in the darkness of the machines.[:D][:p] I did these before i got my Micro Mesh cant wait to see what happens with that.

wayneis

If you ask Sheila she will tell you the best way to finish bowling ball blanks. As with any of the acrylics or celuloids, I wouldn't think that friction polish would be a recommended finish for BB blanks.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom