Bowling Pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kkwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkwall

Hi All,

This is a Green Bowling Pen.

My father turns 74 on Tuesday, and is still a very keen Green Bowler. I thought I would make him something different, as he doesn't need anything, and he can only drink so much whisky!:D

Made the Base out of Spalted Burr Elm, Bowl out of Cross Cut Ash, Jack (Little White Ball) out of Sycamore, and the pen is made out of Leadwood.

The kit is a Classic Rollerball kit, and I used the centreband to mount the pen into the ball.

Any comments are welcome.

2007722181631_bowling%20pen.jpg

2007722181644_bowling%20pen4.jpg

2007722181655_bowling%20pen5.jpg

2007722181711_bowling%20pen6.jpg

2007722181726_bowling%20pen7.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

UKpenmaker

Excellent idea Kenny, great work on the finish, the jack looks perfectly round.
Are the rings on the Wood an inlay of some form?

(The Bowl is actually called a Wood, just put this in tho confuse poeple who don't know the sport[;)][}:)])

kkwall

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback.

Andrew - The lines are done with grooves cut into the "Wood", and then paint applied using a fine brush. works fairly well.

I was going to paint his name on in Gold, but my calligraphy skills are limited, and even more so when using a brush.

Need to identify someone locally with a lazer engraver, or speak nicely to the wife about buying one![:p][}:)][}:)][;)]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by kkwall
<br />
I was going to paint his name on in Gold, but my calligraphy skills are limited, and even more so when using a brush.

Kenny, firstly, that looks great. I can't imagine how you got the jack so round[?] Someone once told me that only mad person can draw a perfect circle.[}:)] Does the same apply for turning circles?[:D]

I was in Asda the other day to buy some new earings ( don't ask ) and saw some card making kits. There are sheets of raised gold letters that apparently can be varnished over. Perhaps just his initials would look nice[;)]

kkwall

John, Dont start me thinking! I will be asking him for it back.

Gave it to him this morning. Pleased as punch. He is going to mention it to hios bowling buddies! Oh No, another sideline!!!!!!!!!![:D]

gerryr

Very nice and very creative work, Kenny. Even if I have no clue what Green Bowling is, unless it's what's called Lawn Bowling here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom