Bowling Ball Junior Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I tried one of these today, a bowling ball blank on a Junior Gent. I had problems with pin holes in the material and I am still not sure if I was able to fill them all as I tried to use Mylands Sealer to do so.
200571824827_IMG_2280.jpg

Any thoughts on methods for sealing this material are welcome.

200571824850_IMG_2278.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Jim, if this is anything like the balls that some of us cut up, then what Travis said. But I add a little turning dust (not shavings) to it. BTW, nice looking pen!

Fangar

I would spin em back up on the lathe and start to sand with some 400 grit, then carefully drop some thin ca in the areas where the holes appear. They should fill with dust and glue. MM up through 12000, slap in some Hut Plastic Polish, then off to buffing wheel with some white diamond, and I'll be they will be camoflauged.....

P.S. The coloring looks great, especially on the chrome colored kit.

James

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
James, you mention using the White Diamond on the wheel after the Hut PP... the white diamond is more course than the plastic polish... you are going backwards in the polishing...

Fangar

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />James, you mention using the White Diamond on the wheel after the Hut PP... the white diamond is more course than the plastic polish... you are going backwards in the polishing...

I do it that way on all of my acrylics and CA. The White Diamond takes out the final super fine scratches, I could likely skip the HPP I guess. I personally get better results with the White Diamond. For some reason, with just the HPP I still have a lot of faint swirls when I'm done.

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom