bowl Christmas presents

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from low_48

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

This was my turning before pens. I had a couple requests for bowls this week and wanted to share the results. I have one more to do for my sister-in-law, then all the Christmas work is complete. Wow, 3 days to spare! You know, sometimes I hate Christmas, but this year has been record money coming in. That means toys after Christmas if Santa doesn't get the list right!:):)
Rich
First on is hard maple burl, 9" dia. 3" tall.
Second is siberian elm burl, 8"dia. 3" tall.

2004122219727_mapleburlbowl.jpg

2004122219747_siberianelmburl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom McMillan

Beautiful bowls Rich!!!!---Oh, if you get all the toys you want for Christmas---I'm open to receiving gifts (especially a little bigger lathe to make some of those nice bowls)!!!

low_48

Thanks everyone. Bowl turning is the toughest woodworking there is. It takes so much eye hand co-ordination. I use the Elsworth grind bowl gouge and highly endorse it's use. I was suprised when I put that asymetrical maple burl on the 2436 Oneway. The blank is not that large, but it had the 600 lb lathe getting a little "jumpy" until I got the center out. I did use the variable speed to find a happy spot and recommend having that as well.

I also recommend the Richard Raffan videoes for instruction. His tapes are fun and won't put you to sleep.

Rich

Daniel

Beautiful Bowls,
I hope to branch out itno some new items this next year. but they will be Pepperills. I had intended to start making them this year but life had other ideas. i thought pens where expensive to get started with. man oh man just the chuck i need is $200.00.
hopefully I can get the mills started and then shoot for bowls. I already have the lathe for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom