BOW Sculptured Pen SET with PSI Medic Clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Papabear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papabear

Well, finally got it finished. Took about 30 minutes this time. This is the actual pen that will go to the customer. Looks a lot better then the prototype.

200712734133_bow_medic_a1.jpg

20071273424_bow_medic_a.jpg

200712734250_bow_medic_a_closeup.jpg

Well I figured out how to make a matching pencil too. Thanks to mudder for sound steerage. As with any uncharted waters the map was a tad bit off but we managed to "mudder" through it ( pun intended ).
Hopefully I'll be able to release a "how-to" on this soon. There is one thing I want to perfect before I do. But anyway, here's the pencil. Slightly out of focus, but its late and I'm tired. I'll reshoot it t/m.

200712773816_bow_medic_a_Pencil.jpg

200712773827_bow_medic_a_Pencil_closeup.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Papabear

no actually what happened was in the sanding I apparently rounded the edge slightly [V]
You have to part some of the wood away for the CB to sit and leave the tube exposed. I may have to create a bushing that I can slide on to prevent this in the future.
I was MUCH more careful of this on the pencil.

Papabear

Christian, yeah me too. but I can't think of how to. I was thinking about it now as I'm getting ready to do another set and was thinking perhaps I'll wait to part it off until after I've sanded through to 8000mm then part it and finish the sanding.

Papabear

Thanks Oscar. My only regret is that PSI doesn't offer this kit in a higher quality metal. This kit just screams for the schmidt pencil system. Why they don't have it for it natively I don't know, but then I don't understand a lot of things.

clthayer

I havn't done this kit, but was wondering how critical the length of the wood left on the upper blank was. If there was some room to take that little bit more off without messing up how the pen works then maybe that would be a good way to fix it.

Papabear

They come in 3 styles. This is the standard. I'm going to make the "Floral" style as a set today for a customer. He wants the Open style medical clip that CSA offers instead of the closed style that PSI offers. There's quite a difference between them so I have to change how I do things.
As to the top barrel, I think there is room for me to shave it down. You would'nt be talking very much. I'll have to disassemble it and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom