BOW Junior Statesman Black TI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

Here is my first experience with BOW. I've done olive wood before, but never BOW. I kind of like it!
Just out of curiosity, for those of you that sell BOW pens with the certificate of authenticity,etc... How much extra do you charge for a JSII versus another type of JSII?

200652523446_bowjsII.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Dave, I've not done a JSII but all my other BOW pens are priced five to ten dollars more than a more common wood(depending on the type pen it is), but I generally do that with all my more exotic woods.
BTW that's one sweet looking pen. It makes my want to be sure I get in on JimGo's group buy and score a few of those!

mrcook4570

Looks good. As far as pricing, I do not charge any extra for BOW on a high end pen. I try to keep all of my prices (within the same kit) consistent.

Woodnknots

Originally posted by mrcook4570
<br />Looks good. As far as pricing, I do not charge any extra for BOW on a high end pen. I try to keep all of my prices (within the same kit) consistent.
Good point, makes sense to keep the high end kits consistently priced. When you are pricing a pen over $100, it doesn't make much sense to add in the extra couple of dollars for the special wood.

BTW, if anyone is going to try the BOW on a JS or a Junior Gent or larger kit, beware of the blank size. I very nearly couldn't get the top done, because of how little room I had for the drill bit. It was close, and I got the blank round just before I hit the bushing. I barely had any room for error. My blanks were from Woodturningz, and they were 3/4" blanks. I don't know if you can get them bigger (I'm sure you can), but I'd recommend it.

woodpens

Very nice looking pen.

I charge a $12 premium for all pens made with BOW, and include the certificate. It is clearly my best selling wood type even with this premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom