BOW Jr. Gent II Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bgio13

bgio13

Ti/Gold Jr. Gent II rollerball pen dressed in Bethlehem Olive Wood. Finished using my Rustoleum OMWB dipping method. Thanks for looking,

Bill

Attachments

• DSC09050 (2).jpg
    DSC09050 (2).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 333
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Glorious Pen, Bill.
Love the Subtle Smooth Finish, of your Rustoleum Drip Finish, it so Compliments the Ti/Gold of the Pen.
Your Fit and Finish is Superb.
Great Photograph too.
Congratulations,
Brian.

bgio13

Thanks for the compliments. I wanted a little more subtle finish on this one, so I didn't polish the blank as much as I usually do. There is some shine there so you know there is a finish, but didn't want to overpower the finished pen. Thanks again,

Bill

penmaker1967

i am going to try this on a set that i am doing for my preacher as a thank you gift for doing my wedding in march. can it be put on while still on the lathe. i have done a poly finsh this way i put a coat on and let it dry overnight and then keep doing it till i have put on about 6 or 8 coats over a few day can i do this with the omwb. thi same way
thanks for the info

bgio13

i am going to try this on a set that i am doing for my preacher as a thank you gift for doing my wedding in march. can it be put on while still on the lathe. i have done a poly finsh this way i put a coat on and let it dry overnight and then keep doing it till i have put on about 6 or 8 coats over a few day can i do this with the omwb. thi same way
thanks for the info

Todd, this tutorial in the library by Les Elm describes the method of finishing on the lathe.
http://content.penturners.org/library/techniques/minwaxfinish.pdf

I have tried the method described in the tutorial using Enduro and the Minwax products, but I always ended up with ridges in the finish I could not sand out. I have not tried this method with the OMWB finishes, but there is no reason I see why it wouldn't work applying it on the lathe. I have found that dipping works for me in that I sand a lot less, and no ridges. Try it and let us know the results. Hope this helps,

Bill

Top Bottom