BOW Euro with Knot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jedgerton

jedgerton

Here is one I finished last Friday. I'm not so wild about how the knots are turning out and could use some advice on making them better. I'm using a sled on my table saw which makes a 0.1" kerf. The angle I'm cutting at is approximately 30 degrees. I'm using the lathe to drill so I think its pretty well center drilled.

Let me know your thoughts. Oh, and BTW, the blank came from Woodturningz and its one of the nicest BOW blanks I've gotten.

100B1030.JPG

John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

The know looks great, but with the wide blade that you are using, you might consider increasing the angle to at least 45 degrees or even a bit more.

Nice pen, though.

fiferb

I also recommend increasing the angle to at least 45 degrees. That is a beautiful piece of BOW. Don't think I'd use this type of blank for a knot. Just my opinion.

AceMrFixIt

I use my band saw for the knots now. Made a jig set to 55 degrees. Very slim lines and makes the knot longer. Corian makes great jigs.........I like the pop of the grain on your pen. Good job.

Attachments

• PIC_0063.jpg
    PIC_0063.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 126
Beautiful pen and a super blank. I agree with the previous comments regarding the thickness and angles on the knot (but don't pay me any mind..... I haven't even tried one yet).

Top Bottom