BOW Designer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mike_l

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_l

20041230164232_BOWDesigner.jpg

For those (few) of you who haven't tried Bethlehem Olive Wood (http://www.bethlehemolivewood.net/) give it a try. This wood turns like most wet wood. It shines without any finish on it. The owners are good people to work with and deliver a terrific product.
This is my first pen using BOW, but it won't be my last.
Mike L

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

Very nice pen, Mike! Yes, it is a great wood to work with. Last show I did, I took several BOW pens, and sold every one of them. And the people at BOW are great!

Efletche

I have to agree with your comments. I ordered a bit of the olive wood when they had their sale. It took a while to arrive, but well worth it. I've sold every pen I've made of the olive wood very easily.

esheffield

Nicely done! I just posted some pics of some BOW pens I did for Christmas. I agree - great wood, great vendor. I did have one minor problem. When I was burnishing it, I would get these little burn marks in the wood. The pens I did have ebony and bloodwood accents - could the burns be caused by the chips from these woods being in the mix?

Eddie

woodpens

Nice pen, Mike. I love turning BOW more than any other. Between the beautiful figure and wax like turning, it is hard to beat.

I have an arrangement with Diane and Ghasan to sell Bethlehem Olivewood pen blanks. If shipping time is a concern, you can order within the US from here: http://www.woodpens.com/bethlehem_olivewood.htm
The price is the same from either location.

Tom McMillan

Yup, BOW is my favorite---the owners are very nice folks!!! I know sometimes it's hard to wait for something---but, these folks really do a great job---patience pays off for getting the wood---and the wait will be worth it!!!

wayneis

Eddie instead of burnishing your blanks you may want to try wet sanding with BLO, I used Micro Mesh to 12,000 with just BLO and they came out just beautiful. Olive wood is one of those woods that crack with too much heat so I would stay away from anything that builds up the heat too much.

Wayne

bajacrazy

Mike, grat looking pen. I will agree with everybody here about BOW. After hearing so much about this wood from other post I just had to try some. Great wood to work great people to work with.[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom