BOW on a Black Ti Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

I have been turning a lot of Acrylic Pens of late so I decided to do a wood one this is BOW on a Black Ti Cigar With a CA/BLO Finish.

Any comments welcome, Thanks for looking. :biggrin:

Attachments

• top hat 019_edited-1.jpg
    top hat 019_edited-1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 180
  • top hat 029_edited-1.jpg
    top hat 029_edited-1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 133
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Nicely done maxman400,

Well, my preferred wood on my preferred pen kit, what else can I say.

The wood looks a little to yellow for BOW, did you used anything that could change the colour slightly? in any case, a very stunning pen you got there!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

maxman400

Nicely done maxman400,

Well, my preferred wood on my preferred pen kit, what else can I say.

The wood looks a little to yellow for BOW, did you used anything that could change the colour slightly? in any case, a very stunning pen you got there!:biggrin:

Cheers
George
No, I got a Box of ten of these and All of them are this color and highly figured, And smell fantastic when turning. :biggrin::biggrin:

robutacion

No, I got a Box of ten of these and All of them are this color and highly figured, And smell fantastic when turning. :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks for your reply.

It is possible that in my puter the pic look a little different in the yellow part, not much but some oils and other finishes can make the yellow in the wood look just a little different, or is just me (my eyes) playing tricks on me today...!:eek:

Oh yes, the smell of Olive wood being turned...!:cool: I get to turn sometimes days on end using large blanks of Majestic Olive I cut here in Australia, and I never get enough...! apart from when I'm sanding and don't use the dust musk, the fine dust in the throat tastes pretty bad!:frown:

FPOW (Fleureau Peninsula Olive Wood) or AOW (Australia Olive Wood) The Olive that I cut, work with and sell, have exceptional figure, some of the best in the world. It all depends of the age of the tree, the way is cut and graded and how lucky you are in finding those rare "gems" hidden inside!:biggrin:

I've got a fair bit on my eBay store, go and have a look if you wish! (address on my signature).

Cheers
George

Attachments

• Radiata pine works at storage paddock 022_(1).jpg
    Radiata pine works at storage paddock 022_(1).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 105
  • Radiata pine works at storage paddock 023_(1).jpg
    Radiata pine works at storage paddock 023_(1).jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 93
Top Bottom