BOW Aero Pen and HD Flames Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JWS Penworks

JWS Penworks

Hey All,

I made a couple of pens for friends.

The first one is a Chrome/Black Ti Aero Pen Kit from Craft Supply in BOW. Finished in Shellawax.

Pens007.jpg

The second is a Cigar Pen Kit from CS for a friend that works at Harley Davidson. The blank is a Celluloid Blank from Craft Supply called Orange. It is finished in Micro Mesh 1500-12000 grit. Polished with Mylands Friction Polish and waxed with Renaissance Wax.

Pens006-1.jpg

As always, comments and advice are welcome. Thanks for looking!

John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

Nice work. While reading this thread I have in my pocket a pen made from the same blank "Orange". I really like the look of it. Your friends will be really happy.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
John, very nice work. I like both of them alot.

If you really want to fire up your HD friends, try this link:

http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/servlet/Page?template=Flamepeninlaykit

Understand, this pen is NOT intended as a Harley pen. You just can't help what people think of when they look at a pen. I sold one that was given as a Christmas present, and the new owner, who by coincidence rides a Harley absolutely loved it.

JWS Penworks

Looking good !

Just curious .. why do you use the Mylands on a synthetic blank?

Actually NewLondon88, I got confused. :) I misunderstood what a guy told me at the WW'ing Show. I should have used 20/20 polish instead of the Mylands. I got a copy of the finishing schedule that the guys working in the CS Booth at the Woodworking show used to finish the pens they had on display. When done properly that schedule yields a glass like finish. I missed it on this one, but hope to nail it on the next.

Thanks,
John

Top Bottom