BOW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Displaced Canadian

First pen with BOW, shop now smells like a greek restaurant. :biggrin: I like the kit ( from PSI) :eek: easy to put together and people seem to like click pens. All comments welcome.

Attachments

• BOW.jpg
    BOW.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 301
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dustmaker

Nice. Olivewood is becoming one of my favorites. I made one like this for the MIL for Christmas (or winter holiday or whatever you want to call it, LOL).

broitblat

Olive is also one of my favorites and what you've done with it is a good illustration of why (the smell is the other reason). Great looking pen.

-Barry

Freethinker

Great looking pen.

I love making BOW pens........except for the smell, which is pretty bad, to me at least.

I am always looking forward to the point where I begin to seal the wood and shut down the odor.

robutacion

Great looking pen.

I love making BOW pens........except for the smell, which is pretty bad, to me at least.

I am always looking forward to the point where I begin to seal the wood and shut down the odor.

Isn't this amazing...???? There aren't many people (that I've heard of!), having a problem with the olive wood smell, not that is anything wrong, is just interesting how some smells have a totally opposite reaction/opinion of the same thing...!:eek:

I don't have to go far to have a good example of that, my wife Merissa being an Aussie born person, she loves the smell of olive wood when has been cut or turned but she literally and absolutely hates the smell of the olives being crashed for the olive oil production, which he have a major mill about 15km "as the crow flies".

Once a year, and for a couple of weeks this olive oil mill, keep their "crashers" going at least 12 hours a day, while I get an amazing enjoyment and an quick "carpet fly" to the memory lane of my young years, Merissa, she just has a strong "negative" reaction to the smells that the wind brings this way...!:biggrin:

This thread has an impeccable timing, as I just sliced a large log of Olive wood (green[ish]), cut it all into pen blanks and put them for sale here in IAP, just last night (well..., this morning!), at a very discounted price so that everyone (well, most people...!) can enjoy the olive wood smell in its full strength (explained in that thread).:eek::wink:

When it comes to the very nice olive wood pen made by Displaced Canadian, even though, is not a FPOW, olive wood is my preferred wood, regardless where it grows...!:biggrin:

Did anyone say...olives????:eek: yummy....

Cheers
George

Last edited:

dontheturner

Hey! George - O'm here again! ALL my family love olives, however served, whilst me, I can't stand them! But way back , when I started hobby woodturning, in 1954, in Shropshire UK, the only hardwood I could find to get going - was a large block of Eucalyptus, in the corner, under a bench, in the Sawmill, in the centre of Wellington Town. And what a game I had with it! Brought tears to my eyes! Near gave up. And the lathe? a Black & Decker attachment! Not many of you guys, will remember those! Don

Top Bottom