The bouncing ice sickle pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

The bottom barrel of this pen is made from 2 bouncy balls. The top is made from what i belive is plexiglass. I bought this clear stuff at a hardware store. Man is it hard. I personaly do not like this pen but it is kinda neat.( I'll take wood over this any day of the week.) Comments welcome.

2005122624132_2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Spike

Originally posted by BillATsetelDOTcom
<br />kinda cool. Neat idea. So...with the bouncy ball material; what happens when you drop the pen?

Bill
Why it bounces of course![:D] I havent tried droping it on the floor.
It does bonce off the table between two fingers. It a weird way its kinda fun to bounce ones pen.
I got to be carefull writting checks with this pen as they might bounce.[:D]

PenWorks

Glad you don't like it Spike, because it hurt my eyes [:0]
I hope I don't have pen nightmares tonight [:D]
Stick with wood [:D]

Randy_

Personally, I think that is a terrific looking pen and should be carefully preserved for entry in the next "UGLY PEN CONTEST." A sure winner!![:D][:D]

Spike: Please don't be too insulted. I kind of exagerated a bit. I always like to see and hear about new materials ideas. Every experiments produces results from which we all can learn. This result was, perhaps, not as enchanting as some; but it was fun to see, anyway. Thanks for posting!!

And on the serious side, if you should ever do another one, try putting the colored material on the top and the other stuff on the nib end.

Ron Mc

Spike,
That's outside the box alright. Can the material be turned to the bushings?

Spike

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Spike,
That's outside the box alright. Can the material be turned to the bushings?
I tried that the first time. It went flying and bounced off my wall.
It was a tad bit scarry. so the second time I stayed away from the bushings. It comes of in chuncks and is pertty brittle.

Spike

This is going to sound weird but thanks for all of the negitive comments. I was just making shure it was as ugly as i thought it was. I wasn't planing to make another one.
I just wanted to see if I could make a pen out of some of the old bouncy balls I have.
I tried but it wasnt the greatest idea. I think I will infact stick to wood.

Ron Mc

Spike,
Thanks for the laugh! I can see you standing there with eager eyes hoping to make the most unusual pen yet and then it blows and bounces all over the shop.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom