BOOM! Chatoyance alert!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Charles

Since obsession is nine points of the law you have succeeded I had a gaze also as you request on your post at more of your pens. I want you to know my parcel from America arrived this morning containing some choice blanks of the same wood, I have a question to keep the clarity and lighten the deep dark colour of Desert Ironwood burl did you finish only with CA?

Your pen is deep and has a brilliant finish, was going to suggest it is a keeper but so also I would repeat this with all your other pens.

Please send me a pm with some advice you have aroused my curiousity.

Many thanks for showing your pen.

Peter.

David Keller

I guess it's alright. I mean, if you like drop dead gorgeous wood and a smooth, glass-like finish. If you're into those kind of things then sure, it's a nice looking pen.

CharlesH

pwhay said:
Since obsession is nine points of the law you have succeeded I had a gaze also as you request on your post at more of your pens. I want you to know my parcel from America arrived this morning containing some choice blanks of the same wood, I have a question to keep the clarity and lighten the deep dark colour of Desert Ironwood burl did you finish only with CA?

Your pen is deep and has a brilliant finish, was going to suggest it is a keeper but so also I would repeat this with all your other pens.

Please send me a pm with some advice you have aroused my curiousity.

Many thanks for showing your pen.

Peter.

Hi Peter,

It's all about using good quality sand paper. Make sure you use MM pads that are new or have low milage. This blank was really light in color, just the finest quality of ironwood but it had quite a few voids as well, most ironwood has voids, so take your time, apply many coats of ca and sand through coats. Please search for my other posts I explained my finishing method a few times. I am typing this on a iPod. :)

This one goes in my collection, I am collecting nice burls. :)

Charles

PenPal

Charles,

I followed your advice re finishes etc looked back awhile on your submissions and discovered yes you have explained your progress in Pen Finishing together with helpful suggestions proven by you to work for you, for this I thank you.

Kind regards Peter.

lorbay

I guess it's alright. I mean, if you like drop dead gorgeous wood and a smooth, glass-like finish. If you're into those kind of things then sure, it's a nice looking pen.
Ha that is funny, there is a guy in my guild that say's ( it's too shiny) but you know what?? Shiny sells. Lol

Lin.

Hillbilly

Are you going to tell us where we can find such fine pieces of ironwood or you gonna make us suffer?:confused::confused::confused: I've see some desert ironwood on here and ironwood burl.

CharlesH

Suffering? Heck no, this forum is about sharing!

The best ironwood is at http://arizonaironwood.com/

They have FANTASTIC PIECES. I asked them to make me the nicest pen blanks they could in 7/8 size by 5 inches.

I paid each 20$ and they were worth it, I ordered 3. Have a look at what they offer. :)

Charles

Are you going to tell us where we can find such fine pieces of ironwood or you gonna make us suffer?:confused::confused::confused: I've see some desert ironwood on here and ironwood burl.

Top Bottom