Bookends, His & Hers sets....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I'm not a big fan of cedar for pens, unless they have a FROG on them. But I did some horsetrading with Ol Froggie, and sh*t my drawers when I opened this package and out ploped this big beautifull cedar burl block. It's been hangin around the shop, so I shook of the dust and made matching bookends desk sets out of Statesmen's & Statesmen Js. Fountain & Roller. Use two types of finish, so the pens would stand out from the base. I have never seen secar burl as wonderfull as this, thanks Gary! (oh, BTW, I'm out, have any more:D )
Thanks for lookin.

20056614733_Cedar_burl_sets.jpg

2005663238_desj_set_cedar%20Burl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Deere41h

Wow what a wonderful piece of wood. You must have made quite a trade. Those will look great on any desk. Nice idea and very nicely done Anthony.

woodscavenger

So is this a $250 set? Beautifully done. I hope your little accident in your drawers didn't stink up your shop too much.[;)] Obviously it didn't affect your turning skills too much. WELL DONE! I makes me look at a few local cedars a little differently......think my neighbor would notice it missing???[}:)]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
WOW, Fantastic set of pens...
I also have never been a big fan of cedar pens, but if I could get some cedar burl like that it might change my mind (HINT HINT HINT)

PenWorks

Thanks for the comments. it was a special piece of wood. Should I ever get any more, thanks for askin, but I won't share [:D] Actually, I managed two have 2 blanks left over in case I had a tear out. I'm bringin those to Provo for some tradin bait.

Shane, you hit it right on the money, $250 for the big one $195 for the Jr set.

Mike, I did router it, but I am bad with bits, couldn't tell you which one.

and thanks again Gary [:p]

Oh, forgot to add, my shop has never smelled so good ![8D]

MDWine

Yep, Anthony, I think it is a "round shoulder" core box bit... I've been thinking about trying to make my own pen displays using that bit, then covering the surface with felt.

Once I'm done with my present 'orders', I hope to give it a try!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom