Bolt and Overunder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RichB

RichB

Here are three pens I just finished. The Overunder is a nice looking pen but the wood is so thin. I used Buckeye Burl which I tryed to stabilize myself. It was ok but not great. On the Bolt Action I used antler. The pen is really nice but I think there is a design flaw. I am not a hunter but I think when you lock a shell you push forward and pull down on the handle. On the pen you push forward and push up. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_0789.JPG
    IMG_0789.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0790.JPG
    IMG_0790.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0792.JPG
    IMG_0792.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

Nicely done dad. I'm glad you got that over under straightened out. It looks great. The bolt actions look great as well. The raw in the antler looks perfect for these.

renowb

And also the bolt is supposed to be on the right side with the handle down.

Here are three pens I just finished. The Overunder is a nice looking pen but the wood is so thin. I used Buckeye Burl which I tryed to stabilize myself. It was ok but not great. On the Bolt Action I used antler. The pen is really nice but I think there is a design flaw. I am not a hunter but I think when you lock a shell you push forward and pull down on the handle. On the pen you push forward and push up. Thanks for looking

Last edited:

RichB

Thanks everybody for taking a look. One of the 24k Bolt pens had a bent handle on the bolt. I called PSI and they sent me a new top. No questions asked. It is a very simple pen to make. RichB

Top Bottom